In this post, it is about how to quick add an entity into the CRM with populated data.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Setting > Data Management.
- Click on Imports.
- Just below the top navigators click on IMPORT DATA.
- For this post I used this file.
- Browse the file, click Next and wait for the file to be imported.
- And click Next.
- On the Select Data Map, select Default (Automatic Mapping) under System Data Maps and click Next.
- On the Map Record Types, select Create New under Microsoft Dynamics CRM Record Types.
- Then fill in the field as shown below, and click OK
- Once it is successfully mapped, click Next.
- On the Map Fields, under Required Fields I select Name since I make it as my Primary Field.
- As for Optional Fields,
- for Capital: select Create New Field under Actions and set Type: Single Line of Text.
- for Continent: select Create New Field under Actions and set Type: Option Set.
- Click Next until you press Submit.
- It may takes some time but it will come.
- Once it is finished. Keep refresh until the Status Reason is Completed.
- Next, go to Settings > Customizations
- Click on Customize the System
- Expand the Entities and look for Country
- Check on the areas that you want to display this entity, for this post I select Settings.
- Then Save and Publish
- Expand the Country and click on Views.
- Next to the File, click on the Publish All Customizations.
- After it is done, double click on the Active Countries, and add/remove the columns that you would like the view to display.
- Save and Close.
- Make sure you click on Publish All Customizations.
- Expand the Country and click on Form.
- Just drag and drop the fields that you would want to display it on the form
- Once done, click on Save then Publish under the Home tab
- Refresh the CRM and you’ll see the entity on the area you have selected and published early